GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
By that logic, the people who have lost their jobs over cancel culture weren't censored either.

I'm not left-leaning and I don't disagree with you about their special privileges. If this had happened before they spoke out then I wouldn't have cared. We all know why it was revoked now and you guys have agreed numerous times the reasoning was wrong yet continue to argue against me.
Losing a job for a worker is a loss of livelihood. For a huge corporation to lose tax privileges is a loss of profits for the ultrarich investors. Hell yeah.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Why do foreigners act as if they know more about America than Americans? If you guys put this much energy into your own country you wouldn't have to be worried about what we're doing and how that might impact you.

Foreigners built this country. As far as i can tell, all of us here are americans. It is apparent you have run out of arguments, hence your transition to personal attacks.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
When was it supposed to happen?
A kluxer exercises his right to free speech and calls for lynching all blacks. He gets arrested the next day. Release him because the 1st amemdmemt, right?

The threat would have to be pretty specific in order for someone to get arrested over that. "blacks should be lynched" wouldn't warrant a response. Whereas "I'm going to lynch blacks at Howard University" would. But yes free speech protects everything that's not a crime obviously.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The threat would have to be pretty specific in order for someone to get arrested over that. "blacks should be lynched" wouldn't warrant a response. Whereas "I'm going to lynch blacks at Howard University" would. But yes free speech protects everything that's not a crime obviously.
That is a very perverse understanding of the concept of freedom of speech.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What are you asking me to explain exactly? The difference between a foreigner and an immigrant?

Your words:

"Why do foreigners act as if they know more about America than Americans? If you guys put this much energy into your own country you wouldn't have to be worried about what we're doing and how that might impact you."

I'm trying to understand who this was addressed to.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Jumping in the hot tub fresh from the pool for a second here:

Whats going on with Elon Musk and Twatter? I'm not on there.

Is it something like, he bought a huge share of the company and is allowing complete fo-frizzlicious speech or something like that?

npace

Autocross Champion
By that logic, the people who have lost their jobs over cancel culture weren't censored either.

I'm not left-leaning and I don't disagree with you about their special privileges. If this had happened before they spoke out then I wouldn't have cared. We all know why it was revoked now and you guys have agreed numerous times the reasoning was wrong yet continue to argue against me.
They aren't being censored. The average person who needs that job to make ends meet is struggling a lot more if they lose it over a tweet. Disney isn't suffering.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yeah, it's just a coincidence it happened now.
I think we can all agree that our kids don't need to be taught anything sexual in school, besides basic sex ed at the appropriate age. It's middle school, not kindergarten. This is common sense, which is what the bill was about. Disney was being ridiculous, and I'm sure they threw a lot of money and influence at local government making their job more difficult.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

Is it something like, he bought a huge share of the company and is allowing complete fo-frizzlicious speech or something like that?
Musk made a tender offer to the shareholders at 38% over market value. The board got out of the way and allowed the sale to proceed. The board is not going to (at least today) petition the SEC to stop it. If the SEC allows the sale, Musk will own the company thus will have taken it private. With no shareholders to answer to, he can do whatever he wants with it.

What he does from there we've only heard bits and pieces from him. He wants to make a number of enhancements like the edit button and the delete button, but he definitely wants to put the algorithms into the public domain via an open source agreement. This will expose all of the BS that has been going on, and the main reason TWTR employees are furious about the sale.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

He initially bought about 10% of the shares, he turned down a seat on the board (they were being hostile), and then he bought the company outright yesterday. He said free speech is an imperative for democracy, and some on twitter have been censored and manipulated historically, so his purchase is a threat to the 'establishment.' The common people are thrilled he did it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The black man that shot up the subway in NY has been ranting about whites on youtube for years, and I support his constitutional right to do so.
People that have spoken out about masks and vaccines have been silenced in hours or even minutes. I am against all forms of censorship.
If someone says they want to lynch blacks at Howard, I would assume the people there would give him the beating of a lifetime. Let the people regulate themselves, this is no different from day to day interactions we all have.