GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

cb1111

Copy the post where Unreal1 said that so we can see his exact words not something along the lines of.

This whole thread is an exercise in trolling.

@Unreal1 were you on the fence about getting the Covid vaccine and were you influenced by Zrick’s posts?
While it is against forums rules to do any research or to respond to direct questions with a factual answer, here is Unreal's post

I have 3 weddings to go to this year, so I'm actually considering the vaccine. But, the lack of reliable information, ie not editorialized, fear mongering, etc, makes it harder to switch. I'm tired of every article being about the emotional impact, just show me the data.
It was a couple of days ago before he started chugging the zricky-aid

cb1111

He makes it sound as if I was some lost soul waiting for someone to guide me. That wasn't the case at all. I didn't join this discussion for vaccine advice. I joined this discussion months ago and just recently asked about being vaccinated for delta. It wasn't that I was on the fence or confused, I had already done my own research and come to my own conclusion. However, all of the data I saw seemed too good to be true, given how freaked out everyone still is. So, I simply wanted to make sure the data I was basing my decision on was accurate and there wasn't anything I was missing. Then, cb responded with sources that validated everything I already knew, which told me my research was accurate and there wasn't anything I had missed.

Zrick had nothing to do with it, if you go back I actually corrected zrick on the data he posted in response to my question. If anything, cb is the one who helped solidify my decision by helping to validate the data. But, this was my own research and own decision, double checking my research doesn't mean I was influenced by anyone.
This was your post, just so Jim can see it

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Japan Proves Masks Don't Work - Israel Proves Vaccines Don't Work | Page 3118 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
While it is against forums rules to do any research or to respond to direct questions with a factual answer, here is Unreal's post

It was a couple of days ago before he started chugging the zricky-aid

He answered that.

cb1111

@cb1111 there you go.
Read his post. I've posted it above. I didn't make it "sound as if...."

I specifically said "Unreal1 joined this discussion saying something along the lines of "I'm going to a wedding and I'm trying to decide if I should get vaccinated". If we take that sentence at face value, then he was confused and wanted advice."

He actually said "I have 3 weddings to go to this year, so I'm actually considering the vaccine. But, the lack of reliable information, ie not editorialized, fear mongering, etc, makes it harder to switch. I'm tired of every article being about the emotional impact, just show me the data."

Sure sounds a bit confused and asking for advice.

I merely stated what he said and now he is backpedaling....

But maybe I gave you too much credit Jim

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If the mask does not stop aerosol spread, then it will not protect anyone. Wearer or others around them.

There's a reason they use n95, often with face shields as well, in covid icu's.

I think other person wearing the mask would mitigate your exposure no? I mean if someone that has a cold...was sitting right next to you open coughing and sneezing. Would you move away and distance yourself from them? Yes the virus can pass through the fabric of the mask...but wouldn't the mask limit on how far the virus be able to travel? The mask hinders the movement of air.

The guy in the video should try it a foot away from his face.

cb1111

I think other person wearing the mask would mitigate your exposure no? I mean if someone that has a cold...was sitting right next to you open coughing and sneezing. Would you move away and distance yourself from them? Yes the virus can pass through the fabric of the mask...but wouldn't the mask limit on how far the virus be able to travel? The mask hinders the movement of air.

And then there is this of course

“COVID-19 vaccines are going to sterilize our womenfolk,” Take 2 | Science-Based Medicine (sciencebasedmedicine.org) which also quotes the same Dr. Bridle - who is a faculty member at the veterinary school and clearly knows everything about masks

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I don't really have a preferred source. As long as it's based on verifiable data, that's all that matters to me. A study out of England has the delta fatality rate at .08% among unvaccinated. So unless that number is wrong, this variant is less lethal. I fully expect the majority of cases to be among unvaccinated, that doesn't really have any bearing on the severity of the disease though, which is the only thing I'm questioning. Based on my research, I'm not seeing what the new fear is all about. But, I'm open minded and want to make sure there's not something I'm missing.

Context!!! How is that back pedaling!? What I said then is the same thing I'm telling you now.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Ah, you've stumbled into the anti-mask paradox. The anti masker simultaneously believes that masks block so much airflow that they will give you brain damage AND they do nothing to limit the airflow that could contain the virus.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If the mask does not stop aerosol spread, then it will not protect anyone. Wearer or others around them.

There's a reason they use n95, often with face shields as well, in covid icu's.

The N95 and shield are too protect the wearer.

Again, wearing masks is strictly to reduce, not completely stop, the spread of germs. Reducing viral load reduces the chances of infecting others. It reduces the spread. It reduces the severity of infection by reducing viral load.

In conjunction with distancing, this reduction slows the spread of infection. In conjunction with immunization and social distancing, we have the ability to stop this pandemic.

So again, what is your medical training and experience that you think you're so much smarter than those with decades of training and experience?

Last edited:

cb1111

Context!!! How is that back pedaling!? What I said then is the same thing I'm telling you now.
I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest with you, but if you look at the "I'm going to some weddings" post which I accurately quoted and compare that your response to Jim

He makes it sound as if I was some lost soul waiting for someone to guide me. That wasn't the case at all. I didn't join this discussion for vaccine advice. I joined this discussion months ago and just recently asked about being vaccinated for delta. It wasn't that I was on the fence or confused, I had already done my own research and come to my own conclusion. However, all of the data I saw seemed too good to be true, given how freaked out everyone still is. So, I simply wanted to make sure the data I was basing my decision on was accurate and there wasn't anything I was missing. Then, cb responded with sources that validated everything I already knew, which told me my research was accurate and there wasn't anything I had missed.

Zrick had nothing to do with it, if you go back I actually corrected zrick on the data he posted in response to my question. If anything, cb is the one who helped solidify my decision by helping to validate the data. But, this was my own research and own decision, double checking my research doesn't mean I was influenced by anyone.
then you see that you were clearly backpedaling from your "3 weddings" post.

This'll be my last post on this - you guys carry on to decide what you said, what you meant and what you wanted others to see.

The bottom line remains the same - get vaccinated because the delta variant is nasty. If not, then wear a mask when in public and don't hang out with anyone vulnerable.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Exactly. He's just willfully ignorant.

Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

But you did a zrickety, by misrepresenting the data cb1111 posted.

You do what you want, but you're a selfish asshole that is only thinking about YOUR chances of survival.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest with you, but if you look at the "I'm going to some weddings" post which I accurately quoted and compare that your response to Jim

then you see that you were clearly backpedaling from your "3 weddings" post.

This'll be my last post on this - you guys carry on to decide what you said, what you meant and what you wanted others to see.

The bottom line remains the same - get vaccinated because the delta variant is nasty. If not, then wear a mask when in public and don't hang out with anyone vulnerable.

How is any of this backpedaling?? Literally nothing has changed from my initial posts on this subject. Yes, I was considering getting the vaccine because of the weddings, which led to me doing research, which led to me making sure my findings were accurate. All of that is true and has never changed. Somehow you think "I'm considering getting the vaccine" meant "someone please make this decision for me". Which was never the case, from the start I said I did my own research and just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything. Again, the same thing I'm telling you now, so that's not backpedaling at all.

I appreciate the extra sources and insight, but to suggest I was influenced or didn't do my own research is not true as already proven.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Ah, you've stumbled into the anti-mask paradox. The anti masker simultaneously believes that masks block so much airflow that they will give you brain damage AND they do nothing to limit the airflow that could contain the virus.

Except I never said masks are dangerous and I don't feel they block enough airflow to cause any harm. But of course you'll say it's not about me despite interjecting this as a counter to my argument.