GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Wasn't there something about him stepping down and having Pence take over so that Pence can pardon him?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
A pardon doesn't remove guilt, it just communes the sentence.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A pardon doesn't remove guilt, it just communes the sentence.

I haven't heard the story about Trump stepping down so Pence could pardon him but if that did happen Trump wouldn't go into a commune but would have a potential sentence commuted.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I haven't heard the story about Trump stepping down so Pence could pardon him but if that did happen Trump wouldn't go into a commune but would have a potential sentence commuted.
I heard that this would be a working theory. Back when the media immediately heard about the possibility of pardons being abused. Seeing how the president brought fourth a lot of ghetto bullshit, no one was ready to even fathom a president who was going to attempt to pardon himself

eventually things were looked into. And it seemed like the president can indeed pardon himself of anything as long as it wasn’t impeachment iirc

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Trump has ignored all presidential norms and the law repeatedly. I have no doubt he'll just pardon himself.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I heard that this would be a working theory. Back when the media immediately heard about the possibility of pardons being abused. Seeing how the president brought fourth a lot of ghetto bullshit, no one was ready to even fathom a president who was going to attempt to pardon himself

eventually things were looked into. And it seemed like the president can indeed pardon himself of anything as long as it wasn’t impeachment iirc

Nixon considered pardoning himself before he was going to be impeached and decided to just resign instead. Had he been impeached he would have not been able to pardon himself.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
1605067422705.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Last edited: