GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Wow.

Guilty on all counts.

Didn’t exactly see anything else coming from the case.

Nothing else, the battalion(+) from the National Guard hanging out like 3mi from my house can relax a little this evening.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Didn’t exactly see anything else coming from the case.

Nothing else, the battalion(+) from the National Guard hanging out like 3mi from my house can relax a little this evening.
I just thought the quick verdict meant they were going to acquit him of the murder charges.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Well, I'm thoroughly confused. How could he be guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter when only one person died? Aren't they mutually exclusive?

I was thinking the same thing. But I wasn’t watching the case, part of the jury, or know much beyond it happening. So no armchair legal analysis from me today.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Well, I'm thoroughly confused. How could he be guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter when only one person died? Aren't they mutually exclusive?
Would need a lawyer type to chime in. I would just assume they get to take a swing at lower included offenses even if they can't make the top charge stick.

If the sentences for the lower charges run concurrent with the 2nd degree murder charge then it's irrelevant anyway.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Would need a lawyer type to chime in. I would just assume they get to take a swing at lower included offenses even if they can't make the top charge stick.

If the sentences for the lower charges run concurrent with the 2nd degree murder charge then it's irrelevant anyway.

I’m sure the defense is already crafting their appeal based on a biased jury. I was hoping to see acquittals and guilty addressing the specific provisions of each charge. 🤷‍♂️

But.. if he met the elements of each charge, then why not.

Last edited: