GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
EPA says tampering and/or changing must be done in a way that does not alter the emissions of the vehicle.

CARB takes things a step further and forces manufacturers submit large sums of money and items for testing to get “carb certification.” With their CARB EO Number they are allowed to sell their shit in CA for steer driven cars.

I had a Iceman intake on my old Neon ACR, it was a piece of plastic that did NOTHING to alter the tailpipe emissions. A cheap ebay tube and cone filter did exactly the same thing.

What kept me out of trouble was the little sticker that showed a CARB-EO number, and viola, no ticket, no impound, no fail at the smog station.

I do not miss that shit.

EPA is coming down harder on the federal regulations now. When EPA starts reaching out about your tunes, you can thank your local coal rollers. The EPA has known for years we all, car nuts, have been skirting the laws, but we were fairly benign. It was the brodozers flouting the law that caught the ire of the public and EPA. Hurray!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
EPA says tampering and/or changing must be done in a way that does not alter the emissions of the vehicle.

CARB takes things a step further and forces manufacturers submit large sums of money and items for testing to get “carb certification.” With their CARB EO Number they are allowed to sell their shit in CA for steer driven cars.

I had a Iceman intake on my old Neon ACR, it was a piece of plastic that did NOTHING to alter the tailpipe emissions. A cheap ebay tube and cone filter did exactly the same thing.

What kept me out of trouble was the little sticker that showed a CARB-EO number, and viola, no ticket, no impound, no fail at the smog station.

I do not miss that shit.
It goes further. Carb is bringing Cali more money than cannabis sales are. States that adopt carb have to break Cali off a % too.

carb is fucking bullshit. Exhaust shops had to dump all their cats here in Colorado. They were epa compliant but not carb certified. Carb is a fucking hustle

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
CT is via OBD port. there is as GTI99? mentioned a new car ignore period
You can't test OBD-I emissions via the port, no matter the state. My old '95 got the sniffer.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You can't test OBD-I emissions via the port, no matter the state. My old '95 got the sniffer.
When I was going to school in CT, I DD an old 2.8l S10 pickup truck to work. It ran awful. Had to get it smogged. Failed first time, threw some of that Lucas stop smoke in it, and it passed.

cb1111

I do not miss that shit.

EPA is coming down harder on the federal regulations now. When EPA starts reaching out about your tunes, you can thank your local coal rollers. The EPA has known for years we all, car nuts, have been skirting the laws, but we were fairly benign. It was the brodozers flouting the law that caught the ire of the public and EPA. Hurray!
You mean like this?
1615315031306.png

Reactions: WAP

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Rolling coal has never made sense to me, but spend enough time in a motor pool and you'll either hate or love diesel fumes.

CA for newer cars did away with the sniffer, it's ODBII and visual. They are supposed to check for CARB numbers, but it's hit or miss. Most just look for anything obvious, which is why i'm trying to stay away from anything tuner or other flashy branded in the engine bay. Older cars still get a sniffer on the rollers I believe, but we also do smog abatement for 8ish or more years on new cars. So most buy new, tune the hell out of it and then sell, or return to stock and trade it in when smog time draws near.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It goes further. Carb is bringing Cali more money than cannabis sales are. States that adopt carb have to break Cali off a % too.

carb is fucking bullshit. Exhaust shops had to dump all their cats here in Colorado. They were epa compliant but not carb certified. Carb is a fucking hustle

I agree. CARB is a total scam, always has been.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On a different note, less than 2 days until potatoes are back at Taco Bell. My lunch on Thursday will consist of nothing but potato based Taco Bell items.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I agree. CARB is a total scam, always has been.
From what I've heard about them over the years, they strike me as the Emissions Mafia.

"It'd be a shame for ya dear old mom to find out about your cold-air intake. I hear her blood pressure's a little high, that would really boil her up. It'd be a real shame if she suddenly... misplaced that medication, capische?
Now, all this can go away if you just purchase some simple protection from our family. You get a little badge that bears our motto: 'California Automotive Rat Bastards'. That'll let people know to back off. Think about it."