GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I mean yes the RSE10's look amazing and I actually wanted a set but it seems to be the "go to" VW wheel option (for good reason) so I'd get something different. Either of those would look awesome tho.

I really love the look of RPF1's on a GTI. They are sorta played out in the JDM world but not in VW. For a MK6 they take too much work to get them to fit well and I don't think they sit flush more poke.

View attachment 205144

I also have a black car with white the wheels might get washed out some if you don't get colored ones.
Those are nice. My brother in law has them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don't know much about aftermarket wheels, but I'm personally sticking to 16"s and 17"s. OEM 18" Talladegas bent like butter on my MK6 with the shitty roads and occasional highway pothole.
Yep, roads here are terrible and 17" tires are much cheaper for autocross and tracking. I go through 2 to 3 sets of tires a year, so 50 a tire adds up quickly.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Don't know much about aftermarket wheels, but I'm personally sticking to 16"s and 17"s. OEM 18" Talladegas bent like butter on my MK6 with the shitty roads and occasional highway pothole.

I have 17's and am considering going back to 18's for a little better road feel. Might just be my tires but I felt like I lost a bit of feel with the 17's.

Do they not make a RKX PCV upgrade for the MK7? I have one on my MK6 and it is a nice upgrade.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I have 17's and am considering going back to 18's for a little better road feel. Might just be my tires but I felt like I lost a bit of feel with the 17's.

Do they not make a RKX PCV upgrade for the MK7? I have one on my MK6 and it is a nice upgrade.
I'm running 15" lyons right now.. so It'll be an improvement for me :LOL:
I bumped wheels lower down the list. I'll probably pick up a set when I do my 312mm brake upgrade.

Nothing Aftermarket for the MK7 PCV that i've seen yet. Most just toss a new OEM revision on there and call it a day. It's greatly improved over the MK6 PCV.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Ah I thought it was some kind of German aesthetic thing.thnx
That tends to be personal taste. I'm more going for practicality this time around. Might do Alltrack rear struts with all 4 springs and the BES lift kit for an inch more height, or B6/8 and a lowering spring with the BES kit to maintain stock height. My front bumper lip thanks me. :LOL:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Is there a reason why gti folks go with 17’s? I’m noticing a trend.

Weight redux bro!!!

That was my reason along with aluminum Passat LCA's and the Base model car.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That tends to be personal taste. I'm more going for practicality this time around. Might do Alltrack rear struts with all 4 springs and the BES lift kit for an inch more height, or B6/8 and a lowering spring with the BES kit to maintain stock height. My front bumper lip thanks me. :LOL:
Lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
On your daily 17’s. What size sidewall do u go with?
My daily tires are 225 45 17.

Again, it's a super common size and less expensive because of that. I plan on doing FK510's in 255 40 17 after these wear out. The current 225's only had 1000 miles on them and I tried to sell them with the Runlites, but my buddy wanted the runlites and I couldn't find a buyer for the tires, so I mounted them on my other set of RSe16s. I think I'll eventually end up with 3 sets of wheels again, but I'll use on set of the RSe16s for street, one for track, them get a set of 18 x 9 and try to stuff 265 35 18 under the fenders for autocross. Probably go with Apex.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Weight redux bro!!!

That was my reason along with aluminum Passat LCA's and the Base model car.
Weight and cheaper consumables, i.e. tires. Less chance of damage.

Like I said, if you're buying 2 to 3 sets a year, $50 per tire is a big deal.