GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Staggered wheels on an AWD? Yes? No?

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
I'm not the most knowledgable man on vws yet but on Mercedes if you ran staggered or had a new tire with three older ones on with less tread the damage to the 4matic system was pretty costly. Would imagine similar damages here. And no offense I drove one as well, we are running fwd... Staggered cool on rwd were you need it

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I'm not the most knowledgable man on vws yet but on Mercedes if you ran staggered or had a new tire with three older ones on with less tread the damage to the 4matic system was pretty costly. Would imagine similar damages here. And no offense I drove one as well, we are running fwd... Staggered cool on rwd where you need it

More like where it's functional.. :thumbsup:

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
i could see a staggered setup being justifiable on a 500+awhp build to both preserve steering characteristics and encourage haldex engagement. (less rubber up front means less hookup, means go-go-gadget diff!!!)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
i could see a staggered setup being justifiable on a 500+awhp build to both preserve steering characteristics and encourage haldex engagement. (less rubber up front means less hookup, means go-go-gadget diff!!!)

Good point... I still don't think that will make that much of a noticeable difference though

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
But if we talking 500ponies were talking turbo (unless someone's found a supercharger in the states, which if you have don't you keep secrets!!!!!!) and turbo would not exactly be an everyday driver into which we loop back to the whole function lad di da

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
High HP turbo'd cars are known to be tame DD's.. Ever heard of HorsePower Freaks (HPF)? They do mostly 1000+hp M3's and they do a lot of "first drive" videos with the owners, and they all say the same thing: it drives the same as before when under low throttle

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
High HP turbo'd cars are known to be tame DD's.. Ever heard of HorsePower Freaks (HPF)? They do mostly 1000+hp M3's and they do a lot of "first drive" videos with the owners, and they all say the same thing: it drives the same as before when under low throttle

:word:
with the shifted powerband on BT cars, if you can't daily it then you're probably making a conscious decision to drive like an asshat just to hit that 4-5k mark.
performance clutches can be less enjoyable to daily though, granted.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
:word:
with the shifted powerband on BT cars, if you can't daily it then you're probably making a conscious decision to drive like an asshat just to hit that 4-5k mark.
performance clutches can be less enjoyable to daily though, granted.

Yeah, I would say that's the only real noticeable difference between your 5 million horsepower beast compared to stock, is the clutch you'll inevitably need to run for that.