GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Hpfp vs EvoX

JuJu702

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Mkv GTI
I was on my way home from the drag strip. While driving home on the freeway I see lights gaining on me real quick. My exit was coming up so I move over to the right to get off the freeway. The lights are still behind me but now tailgating me. So now im on the street and now notice that its an EvoX. I slowed down because the guy was coming beside me and rolled down his window. I also rolled down my window and the guy gives me a thumbs up and puts up 3 fingers (guess that means go on 3 lol). So he starts honking and I quickly down shift to 3rd gear. We go on 3 and I instantly start pulling away. I shift to 4th and im about 1 and a half car lengths on him. After that had to shut it down street light came up. We both get to the light and he screams Nice and gives me a thumb up and turns.

I was a little surprised on how my car instantly pulled away.

My car:
Mkv Gti (Fsi)
stage 2 hpfp Unitronic
Turboback
Intake
Catch can

I think the EvoX was stock.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
He must have been close to stock, you hear an exhaust?

Otherwise good kill op

JuJu702

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Mkv GTI
He might of had a exhaust it kind of sounded louder than normal. But im pretty sure the evo wasn't tuned.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Are you sure it wasn't a newer Ralliart? They have dual clutch and awesome awd but less power than the Evo. They also look very similar.

mtlss

Ready to race!
Are you sure it wasn't a newer Ralliart? They have dual clutch and awesome awd but less power than the Evo. They also look very similar.

definitely a stock 08-10 evo x. the ralliart are very slow in comparison.

JuJu702

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Mkv GTI

Lol I'm sure it was an Evo. The ralliart and Evo look completely different. The guy definitely had the GSR version (5speed).

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I was going to say, maybe from a split second view they look the same, but Evo's are considerably wider. Not like the new WRX that shares the wide body with the STI.

This post makes me realize that 2011 Evo X's definitely had a refined tune with more power, despite Mitsubishi not admitting it. My GTI was very similarly modified (Uni 2 non HPFP, BSH TB pipe, catless 3" TBE, P flo, S3 IC, and 6MT making 231whp on a Mustang dyno) and my buddies 2011 Evo X with a drop in filter at the time, stock otherwise, pulled on me from a 50 roll by maybe a car up to 90 or 100.

Either 2008/2010 stock tunes were that much worse, or my buddies 2011 was really a factory freak.

I pull on him now with him having a test pipe and CB and true intake now, but I'm KO4 now, so I should. Once he's tuned, I'm done.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Eh. GTI's are really punchy. My old GTI vs my stock STI. It would always put half a car on me from the start. So pulling ahead like that I can definitely see from a stage 2+ car.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Eh. GTI's are really punchy. My old GTI vs my stock STI. It would always put half a car on me from the start. So pulling ahead like that I can definitely see from a stage 2+ car.

Yeah, except my buddies 2011 Evo GSR pulled on my car while it was stock turbo, but more than just TBE and Stg 2. The TB pipe and S3 IC made a big difference on the KO3.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yeah, except my buddies 2011 Evo GSR pulled on my car while it was stock turbo, but more than just TBE and Stg 2. The TB pipe and S3 IC made a big difference on the KO3.
I'm not saying a S2+ can beat a GSR/STI. I'm saying they might get the jump. The GTI got the jump every time. I quickly reeled it in though.