GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

somewhat OT: converting from .mov to .avi/.mpg/.wmv?

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
sorry, not photography-related. but it's the closest subforum, and there are some smart folks here, so i'm hoping someone can help me.

so, i have a camera that records video in .mov format. what's the best way to convert it to a format that windows movie maker will recognize (basically, .avi, .mpg., or .wmv) with the least loss of quality? i'm using something called jacek pazera free mov to avi converter, and while it gets the job done, the quality of the converted output appears to be diminished. perhaps i'm just not inputting the settings correctly (i am selecting WMV version 1 as my video codec, and HD720 as my resolution, since that's the max resolution of my camera (if i'm not mistaken). here's a screenshot of the UI:

any help - either within this app, or with a different app - appreciated. thanks!

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The best quality will be achieved using AVI containers with no compression or a lossless codec, such as Logarith or Huffyuv. MPEG and WMV are lossy.

07emkayvee

Slappin' Da Bass Mon!
Car(s)
07 gti
use Prism Video File Converter. and then jus google a hack for the full version. Works easy and great.