GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Secondary air pump ?!?

Goglu71

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI
Hello all,
Got a CEL two days ago, had the car scanned and the guy told me it was the secondary air pump (might have screwed up the real name here) that triggered the CEL... He told me he reset it and to come back if it comes on again (he's 2 minutes away from home). Also said that the air pump could've triggered the CEL because of torrential rain we had for a full week and moisture could've gotten in there, somewhere...

Now, is what I'm being told possible or just plain BS ? :iono: (he's usually a very good guy, but seemed out of wack yesterday..)

fnkyscotty

Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit 2.5
secondary air pump

Hello all,
Got a CEL two days ago, had the car scanned and the guy told me it was the secondary air pump (might have screwed up the real name here) that triggered the CEL... He told me he reset it and to come back if it comes on again (he's 2 minutes away from home). Also said that the air pump could've triggered the CEL because of torrential rain we had for a full week and moisture could've gotten in there, somewhere...

Now, is what I'm being told possible or just plain BS ? :iono: (he's usually a very good guy, but seemed out of wack yesterday..)

Not bs, this pump is known to fail due to how it's designed. the 2 halves are held together by rivets, are you hearing a loud scrapping/sucking noise?