GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 coding

RRRRR

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know of any shops or individuals that know a thing or two about vag com around melbourne? Need to code an rns510 so that steering wheel functionality works

I used to be able to change tracks and radio stations and had the compass and nav directions in the mfd before i took it in to the dealer...seems like they have reset something and it doesnt work anymore :(

Suggestions? Was sweet having all that stuff in the mfd! Car is a 2008 R32 by the way, rns510 is version c and worked flawlessly without coding when i installed it.

:thumbsup:

RRRRR

Passed Driver's Ed
Perhaps? Would that have affected the steering wheel controls and mfd display?
Any way i can check the firmware or revert it back to the previous setting?

macad

apple pixel pusher
Why don't you take it back to them and tell them to fix it - they can't help you if you don't tell them!

RRRRR

Passed Driver's Ed
First thing i did mate! All i got told was that they are limited in what they can do with their diagnostic machine and that because it was a retrofit they couldnt do anything about it. The bloke there actually said that the best option would be to source a different diagnostic tool and give it a shot :iono:

anyway any help i can get will be appreciated!

macad

apple pixel pusher
First thing i did mate! All i got told was that they are limited in what they can do with their diagnostic machine and that because it was a retrofit they couldnt do anything about it. The bloke there actually said that the best option would be to source a different diagnostic tool and give it a shot :iono:

anyway any help i can get will be appreciated!

That's pretty lame, I would provoke the "who f*cks it, fixes it" rule.

RRRRR

Passed Driver's Ed
That's pretty lame, I would provoke the "who f*cks it, fixes it" rule.

Hahahah yeah dude...i wasnt happy when i found out. The service manager was pretty convincing in his argument that they couldn't do anything though... :mad0259:

gerard: check pm's :thumbsup:

RRRRR

Passed Driver's Ed
So untick the BAP box in vag com and then reset the unit by holding setup + mic + eject twice consecutively?

buckets

Ready to race!
If gerard is too far from you, I'm in the western suburbs and have a Micro CAN too.