GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Efab Motorsports, Lake Zurich IL (APR Dealer)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I met Peter from Efab about a year ago at a Tuesday night meet in Schaumburg. He has a SICK MK6 Golf R that is stage 3 and modded up to the 9's.. euro Recaro's, anyone? ;) He mentioned he was in the process of opening a shop and I've now finally gotten a chance to check it out.

The shop is in Lake Zurich in a nice industrial area. He works along side Eric, who is a big BMW guy and has done race car builds and other BMW builds for several years. Between the two of them, it looks like they can pretty much figure out anything on the German cars.

Efab is a licensed APR dealer. I am having my DSG tune and K04 update done there very soon. The labor rates are very reasonable, $60/hr, iirc. You can contact them for quotes on anything you need, but already the quotes I've seen for springs and coilovers are very reasonable ( $250-$300 for springs, $350-$400 for coilovers, approximately - may vary with car and equipment).

I'd definitely look to check them out and see what they can do on your VW.

https://www.facebook.com/efabmotorsports

Boosty

Ready to race!
Those sound like some fantastic labor rates
Lake Zurich is a trip from Chicago especially during the rush hour
But for those prices it sounds like it would be worth it

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Indeed, but they are open on Saturdays by appt only, so that is a big help. It's not too far off of Rt 53 and Lake Cook.

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
They are good guys for sure. I've known em for a few years myself, I don't recommend many shops as being a mechanic myself I don't really trust many. I thumbs up em

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk