GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retro Fit:Reverse Parking Sensors

scouserpc

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I am in the process of fiting a rear parking sensor kit to my MkV Gti.

The power for the sensors comes from the reversing light circuit. Any ideas where I can connect into the reversing light power feed (the reversing light is mounted in the tailgate and its impractical to wire into the bulb assembly). Where does the wiring loom for the reversing light enter the boot and how do I get at it.

How does the VW dealer retro fit reversing sensors, is there a wiring loom already installed to connect into.

Thanks

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
A digital multi meter is your best friend right now. More than likely there is not a wire plug for you to use in the car. You will have to find the right wire for the reverse lights and tap into it. Make sure you sualder your connection.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Why the hell is that? Every MECP certified tech knows you only use solder when connecting to factory wires. It is the only good and propper connection to use in a car. Guess thats why I get into arguments on the phone every once in a while with dealerships. They love to blame everything on the stereo shop. Sorry that is BS to void your electrical system because of that. They have to prove that the connections are the reason for any issues anyway. It is the law. They can't say because you have this wired in that's why the radio doesn't work.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
scouserpc said:
I am in the process of fiting a rear parking sensor kit to my MkV Gti.

Doesn't the appearance of the sensors bother you? Do you need the system that bad to give up a nice appearance of the car?