GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Knocking and Bogging

r32-3609

I m having 2 problems with my 08 R32.
First, I am having a knocking feeling when I first start my 2008 R32 in the morning. It will start up at around 1200 rpm and then, after 10 seconds or so, decrease do about 900, but when it decreases it knocks and shakes a little. The exhaust also has some strange noise when I first start it. I had a Porsche Cayenne which did the same thing and they said it was a fuel pump. Could it be the same problem?
Second, I was trying launch control the other day. I came to a stop and turned off my ESP and had it in S but it would not rev past 1500 RPM. I was bogging big time, to the point where it felt like the engine was going to shut off. Any ideas?
it is still under warranty but the local VW dealer doesn't seem to think there is a problem.
Thank you

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
I m having 2 problems with my 08 R32.
First, I am having a knocking feeling when I first start my 2008 R32 in the morning. It will start up at around 1200 rpm and then, after 10 seconds or so, decrease do about 900, but when it decreases it knocks and shakes a little. The exhaust also has some strange noise when I first start it. I had a Porsche Cayenne which did the same thing and they said it was a fuel pump. Could it be the same problem?
Second, I was trying launch control the other day. I came to a stop and turned off my ESP and had it in S but it would not rev past 1500 RPM. I was bogging big time, to the point where it felt like the engine was going to shut off. Any ideas?
it is still under warranty but the local VW dealer doesn't seem to think there is a problem.
Thank you

what did the dealership look at when they had it? My car bogged like that once before during launch control but could not duplicate it, so i just left it alone.

ikey3125

Ready to race!
Issue one, it idles high on start up to heat up the cats. The rumbles and bumbles from the exhaust are normal.

Issue two, you need to allow the car to warm up first, it WILL NOT launch when cold. Coolant needs to be up to temp along with DSG fluid, oil, oil pressure.