GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32-First 500 miles

OHIOR32

I keep getting confused why this comparison keeps coming up. people do not buy an R32 because it is the fastest thing out there. comparing a base car with a full loaded car? In addition, having owned more than one turbo car, chipping sounds easy but what about the longer effects of over boosting your turbo? yeah you have a car that has the same horsepower but now you've voided the warranty on a 25k. so when something breaks, and believe me it always does have fun spending chunks of the money saved on repairs. the same arguement on value could be made for buying a new car instead of a used car. why not just buy a used vehicle? one that is few years old and then mod it out? or why not just save half and get a GSX-1000 and have one of the fastest vehicles on the planet? oh and power and usable power are not the same thing. believe me the driver needs to be very very good to really use a front drive 250-300hp car.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
wanna sell me ur rear bumper ?

simplegti

Ready to race!
Give me the R32!!!

I would soooo get one if I had the extra $$! Just something about a naturally aspirated v6 w/awd + awesome brakes and the look and feel of an MK5. Can't get much better than that IMO. I had an 05 Evolution with the sun, sound and leather package. It felt nice but it is NOT a daily driver. Maybe when I'm 30/40 I'll get one as a weekend car but for a daily driver + awesome all around performance the 08 R32 is VERY hard to beat.

edit:

I'm still VERY happy with the gti though. For under $25k there is NOT a better all around car. Luxury, handling, performance, looks, history, German engineering.

Furrymonki

Passed Driver's Ed
I keep getting confused why this comparison keeps coming up. people do not buy an R32 because it is the fastest thing out there. comparing a base car with a full loaded car? In addition, having owned more than one turbo car, chipping sounds easy but what about the longer effects of over boosting your turbo? yeah you have a car that has the same horsepower but now you've voided the warranty on a 25k. so when something breaks, and believe me it always does have fun spending chunks of the money saved on repairs. the same arguement on value could be made for buying a new car instead of a used car. why not just buy a used vehicle? one that is few years old and then mod it out? or why not just save half and get a GSX-1000 and have one of the fastest vehicles on the planet? oh and power and usable power are not the same thing. believe me the driver needs to be very very good to really use a front drive 250-300hp car.

All good points. I couldn't agree more.