GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Brake Upgrade Query!

SimplyFunky

I hope I'm posting this in the right section as this is my first post on the forums and I tried searching for an answer before hand but couldn't find what I'm looking for :( I apologise if this question has already been answered before.

Right so I drive a 1.9TDI MK5 and my rear pads, discs and callipers need to be changed and it'll cost around €300-350 before labour to do! A friend of mine is selling a full R32 brake kit for roughly €750 which as far as I see it is pretty good value considering how much a standard rear kit costs.

So my question is, is it a plug and play setup or is there more that needs to be upgraded to get the setup to work??

Any help hugely appreciated guys! Thanks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I hope I'm posting this in the right section as this is my first post on the forums and I tried searching for an answer before hand but couldn't find what I'm looking for :( I apologise if this question has already been answered before.

Right so I drive a 1.9TDI MK5 and my rear pads, discs and callipers need to be changed and it'll cost around €300-350 before labour to do! A friend of mine is selling a full R32 brake kit for roughly €750 which as far as I see it is pretty good value considering how much a standard rear kit costs.

So my question is, is it a plug and play setup or is there more that needs to be upgraded to get the setup to work??

Any help hugely appreciated guys! Thanks.

I put a full set on my MkV GTI. Install is straight forward. You just need to buy brake lines, rear dust covers did not fit on mine, had to run without them, able to use the front dust covers ok. Running them with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads all around and it is a significant improvement. Huge improvement actually. For that price the pads and rotors better be very close to new or you will be dumping quite a bit more into parts. Also if the calipers have not been rebuilt I would recommend it.

SimplyFunky

I put a full set on my MkV GTI. Install is straight forward. You just need to buy brake lines, rear dust covers did not fit on mine, had to run without them, able to use the front dust covers ok. Running them with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads all around and it is a significant improvement. Huge improvement actually. For that price the pads and rotors better be very close to new or you will be dumping quite a bit more into parts. Also if the calipers have not been rebuilt I would recommend it.

Cool thanks dude! :) I don't think they have been rebuilt but they are drilled and grooved discs and they have good pads with plenty of life left in them. Does it cost much to rebuild them do you know?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Cool thanks dude! :) I don't think they have been rebuilt but they are drilled and grooved discs and they have good pads with plenty of life left in them. Does it cost much to rebuild them do you know?

I think the cost to replace seals etc is quite affordable and now is a good time to do it.