GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No cat exhuast

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
anyone runing a straight exhuast from turbo.. with no cat? wonder how the car responds...

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
illegal yes,

i ran a vr6 with no cat, just a remus at the end, car sounded awesome, and responded great. UNTILLLL the o2 sensor started going off, and burning up. i then put the cat back in. i def, would not take it out again.

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
BMP MK5
I am about to order just a ghl downpipe, and just run it straight back to some tips if i can find some, ill let you know how it goes

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
scuderiavw said:
last two posts sum it all up, race car is your best bet

BINGO!

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
here in florida it's legal. we have no smog inspections. alot of guys run no cats, but we add resonators down here cuz the noise is unbearable

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
straight pipes sound mean as fuck, but its illegal here. the GTI just doesnt have the look of a a big meanie, its more of a stealhy kind of thing, just personally thinking of course..

a CEL wouldnt necessarily appear if he has the bungs welded for the 02 sensors. as long as the car can read the A/F from the 02's no cel should appear.

alf

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You may go through O2 sensors quicker than normal. The GHL is also a 3" down pipe...I was thinking of getting the same one.

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
hehe its just a question.. :p I had a rx7 tt before running straight out from turbos is the best mod money can buy