GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

newbie here

SinCity702

Ready to race!
I am considering buying an 05-06 VS GTI. FIrst question whats the dif between the GLI and the GTI besides turbo of course. Also what kinda power can i expect with basic upgrades ex. turbo timer, exhaust cams?, ecu upgrade?

GTI2007

The GLI is a Jetta mk 5 model and the GTI is a Golf mk 5 model but they both have the same 2.0 TFSI engine and for what you can expect for baisc upgrades and so on you have to explore this forum. There are more then threads enough about how much power you can gain with chiptuning and installing an other exhaust and so...

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Well so far it looks like with Full Turbo Back/Chip/Intake/Boost Controller we're looking at around 270-280... I'm sure with some more parts you can get near 300hp+ easy!

now is that even safe with a FWD car?? TQ Steer Central i'm sure!!

SinCity702

Ready to race!
wow thats some impressive numbers. im hoping to go take a test drive this weekend at the dealership. The new jettas are nice as well. Does a chip upgrade really give you that much horses? I always thought those chip upgrades were just peoples desperate attempts to make a quick buck. kind of like autozone selling addons that give you quick HP.

GTI2007

The especially do that by a turbo boosted engine. You can get a powergain of 40 to 50 HP by just chiptuning it and adjust the turbopressure a litle. If you then place a complete exhaust from like Milltek you gain another 10 to 15 HP. Then you can also place a CAI which can also give you an extra 10 to 15 HP. So put it together and you have between 60 and 80 HP more than original. The torque rises than something like 40 % to something of almost 400 Nm. Sorry for the use of european figures