GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New HID lights from The Retrofit Source

cky0392

Driver
Car(s)
07 GTI
Alright so I picked up some Morimoto XB35 6000ks. I really like them, they are less expensive than the stock phillips bulbs, they are the same if not higher quality and I like the color of these bulbs a lot more. They have a crisp ice white to them which I like. The Retrofit Source had speedy shipping and the product is a definite thumbs up! I've included some pictures, sorry about the poor quality they are off my iPhone. Also here is the link to the specific bulbs that I purchased. They are also offered in 4300k and 5000k.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/morimoto-xb35-d2s-bulbs.html#.UzsU1dwVhm0

Attachments

• lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 751
  • lights3.jpg
    lights3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 746

goneD4rk

Banned
Alright so I picked up some Morimoto XB35 6000ks. I really like them, they are less expensive than the stock phillips bulbs, they are the same if not higher quality and I like the color of these bulbs a lot more. They have a crisp ice white to them which I like. The Retrofit Source had speedy shipping and the product is a definite thumbs up! I've included some pictures, sorry about the poor quality they are off my iPhone. Also here is the link to the specific bulbs that I purchased. They are also offered in 4300k and 5000k.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/morimoto-xb35-d2s-bulbs.html#.UzsU1dwVhm0

thanks for the info mang, how long did it take to get the dead stockers out?

cky0392

Driver
Car(s)
07 GTI
thanks for the info mang, how long did it take to get the dead stockers out?

I usually do everything on my car myself but for some reason after an hour of trying to screw those damn things back in I gave up and drove to my nearest VW dealer. Took their mechanic an hour but he finally got it. They charged me $35 so in the end not a bad deal. It would have cost $100+ if i would have bought the single bulb i needed changed at the dealership.

Viru5

Ready to race!
I just purchase cheap ebay brand they work just fine never had a problem hell lasted longer then my OEM ones and for 10$ cant go wrong.

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
TRS bulbs and accompanying warranty are best. I can swap out both sides in about 5min total...I have a warranty set of their original 6000k morimoto bulbs and a set of their new xb35 6000k on the way. Great guys to deal with and I recommend them to everybody in need of bulbs...hell I may even start stocking some at my dealership lol

martin27

Ready to race!
Ordered some Morimoto XB35 5000k today... will post back on the quality when I get them!

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
these lights are bright, so bright I always have big rigs shining their auxillary back up light at me as I come up past them...combined with the "deer hunter" vag com tweak a pitch black country road at night is bright as day light

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
i have this set in 5000K, i loved it! It is bright indeed!

goneD4rk

Banned
TRS bulbs and accompanying warranty are best. I can swap out both sides in about 5min total...I have a warranty set of their original 6000k morimoto bulbs and a set of their new xb35 6000k on the way. Great guys to deal with and I recommend them to everybody in need of bulbs...hell I may even start stocking some at my dealership lol

please post diy of your 5 min skillz. TIA :smile: