GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Downpipe Rip-OFF ???

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
:wink: You should see Oettinger or Dinan (BMW) prices :eek:

There's a reason my M3 is going to be the only track car and the GTI is staying virtually un-modded :wink:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
tmrakip said:
:wink: You should see Oettinger or Dinan (BMW) prices :eek:

There's a reason my M3 is going to be the only track car and the GTI is staying virtually un-modded :wink:

All tuning stuff for BMW's is expensive, the reason I brought this up is that APR/MILTEK/GHL/Techtonics etc... all have downpipes ranging from $400.00 - $600.00, this one is way more. It doesn't make sense unless there something special about it, and that's what I was wondering.

:headbang:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
BMW stuff is silly money from ACS, Hamman, Dinnan, and others..

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I think the cat they use has something to do with it. It's 200 cell vs. 100 cell (that's what I've seen everyone else use). The true metric tubing could be a cost issue too. It is pretty silly pricing though.

I still can't figure out why it says you have to use it with their exhaust when you can use just the exhaust with the stock downpipe.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
TypeR_126 said:
I think the cat they use has something to do with it. It's 200 cell vs. 100 cell (that's what I've seen everyone else use). The true metric tubing could be a cost issue too. It is pretty silly pricing though.

I still can't figure out why it says you have to use it with their exhaust when you can use just the exhaust with the stock downpipe.

I was wondering that too, might just be a sales tactic for the unknowingly spoiled kid with the brand new mk5. No offense kids.

I'm pretty sure you can use any cat-back after this downpipe, it looks nice but way to pricey, APR is the way i'm leaning.

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
Good point indeed, I'm not too familiar with Neuspeed, but their prices seem think they are AC Schnitzer or something, but products don't look to be as good for that kind of money. I'm leaning towards APR myself, (downpipe and and 'stealth' set up, possibly their simple ecu flash) as they seem reasonable, and I believe they own Oettinger or the other way around now, too. I bring up Dinan because of my knowledge (aka money spent) of them, and Oettinger because they seem to be the VW equivalent. Let me know what you think if you get that set up :)

HotLanta MKfizzle said:
All tuning stuff for BMW's is expensive, the reason I brought this up is that APR/MILTEK/GHL/Techtonics etc... all have downpipes ranging from $400.00 - $600.00, this one is way more. It doesn't make sense unless there something special about it, and that's what I was wondering.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
tmrakip said:
Good point indeed, I'm not too familiar with Neuspeed, but their prices seem think they are AC Schnitzer or something, but products don't look to be as good for that kind of money. I'm leaning towards APR myself, (downpipe and and 'stealth' set up, possibly their simple ecu flash) as they seem reasonable, and I believe they own Oettinger or the other way around now, too. I bring up Dinan because of my knowledge (aka money spent) of them, and Oettinger because they seem to be the VW equivalent. Let me know what you think if you get that set up :)

Oettinger is not owned by APR. APR is just the NA distributor for Carbonio/Oettinger CAI. Also they use the Oettinger name to rip-off people in Europe who are doing a Direct Port reflash using APR software but charging way more. Dinan and AC have alway's been expensive, Neuspeed usually has been reasonable, and good quality. I mean they do VW and Honda so it's not like there customers are looking to go Brabus or RUF.