GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help - What does the stock fuel pump seal look like?

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
I replaced my fuel pump in January and the aftermarket pump didn't include the correct seals. Of course I threw the stock one away :cry::help:

The new pump has been working great BUT when it gets to 1/4 tank the car starves for fuel and has died on me once or twice before I figured it out.

When I installed the new pump it came with 2 O-rings. I first tried with one but it seemed like the pump fit too loosely inside the plastic can. It fit nice and snug using both O-rings stacked on each other but I think this is ultimately the cause of my fuel starvation. Seems like at 1/4 tank fuel no longer gets to the pump. Could the O-rings be allowing a leak? Do I have the pump too tight-fitting inside the plastic can to allow the gas to be sucked in?

Ideally I could use a new seal from a stock unit however as far as I know I can't buy just the needed seal.

I would love for someone with some knowledge of the stock fuel pump to shed some light on my theory and help diagnose my fuel issue. I would also love a new stock seal haha. Thanks ! :help:

[/url]https://flic.kr/p/CkQ4jn by Craig Durkee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Bump