GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My passenger side view mirror fell off

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
So I'm driving along and make a right turn and hear glass breaking. There was no bottle in the road I'm saying to myself...
When I get home, on a walkaround I see that there is no mirror glass in my right side view. Only the rubber backing it was attached to.
I found a company called Internet Glass Network that states how common this problem is on our cars with the heated mirrors. They sell an OEM quality replacement glass only for $22 plus shipping and the correct silicone to attach it. Crisis averted!

Last edited:

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
You must live on some rough roads mate

Sent from my ZTE T230 using Tapatalk

Yes they are! It's a standoff between the county and the homeowners. The county wants to widen all the roads through eminent domain (take away portions of peoples front yards) and the homeowners won't agree to it. In turn, the county in "We'll show you" mode, won't even fix pot holes let alone repave the rippling pavement from the heat here! It was one of those washboards I was rolling over when my mirror came off.

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
Happened to mine but I caught it before the mirror actually fell off, it was just loose. Gorilla glue fixed that