GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV R32 brake problems

msandonato23

Ive had some brake noise for quite some time now, rattling and popping when in reverse. Both in the front brakes. I noticed the anti rattle springs or clips whatever you call them were missing. I ordered two of them and installed. Now, even after a trip to VW to confirm i installed them properly, my pedal is extremely soft. I had all 4 brakes bled today and the problem still persists. Why would these clips cause my pedal to be soft if they're designed to be there in the first place?! help please!

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32

vipermoon64

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
While we're talking about brakes, is it normal for R32s to have squeaking and singing brakes when coming to a complete stop applying minimal pressure, is it because the brakes are big or something? I know it's not because they're cold, because it's now happening all of the time and forever.

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
While we're talking about brakes, is it normal for R32s to have squeaking and singing brakes when coming to a complete stop applying minimal pressure, is it because the brakes are big or something? I know it's not because they're cold, because it's now happening all of the time and forever.

It's just the brakes saying, 'why the fuck is this car so heavy?!':23:

vipermoon64

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Yeah, a bit of squealing is normal right before coming to a complete stop. Mine have always done that too.

I would have thought that too, but it just started happening and seems to get louder the more I drive. Just trying to get some good info before I get ripped off at a dealer :thumbdown:

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Safely....... perform a couple of hard stops from about 50mph and drive to let brakes cool down.
This will recoat the transfer layer onto the disk and clean the pads.

Bazzle

vipermoon64

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Safely....... perform a couple of hard stops from about 50mph and drive to let brakes cool down.
This will recoat the transfer layer onto the disk and clean the pads.

Bazzle

Makes sense. I will try it, thanks. Just gotta find a good place for it...