GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loose Piece/Rattling sound MKV Rabbit

KR3W

Passed Driver's Ed
When I am driving over uneven surfaces, there is a rattle that comes from the drivers side door. It's not a vibration kind of rattle but it's as if there is something going back and forth between two panels, like a unattached screw or something. Is it just my car or is this a common issue with MKV's?

KR3W

Passed Driver's Ed
In case anybody else is having this problem, one of the t20 screws attaching the front driver-side wheel well liner came out -- screwed it back in and no more rattle. The wheel will need to be taken off for this.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I read your title and was ready to come in and tell you about the fender liners. My passenger one pops out of the press-in connection frequently. Took me a while to figure it out since it sounds like something behind the dash.

KR3W

Passed Driver's Ed
I read your title and was ready to come in and tell you about the fender liners. My passenger one pops out of the press-in connection frequently. Took me a while to figure it out since it sounds like something behind the dash.

It indeed sounds like it's coming from the dash. I'm glad it was something simple though. I think mine's starting to come loose again :thumbdown:. I'm gonna try wrapping it with a layer or two of electrical tape before screwing it back in to get a tighter fit. If all else fails, I'll bring out the gorilla glue