GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tail light problem?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone help me. For some reason my passenger side OEM LED tail light has a couple red lights where it should be orange (top right corner). Does anyone have any idea why that is? Did i not connect the wire tight enough? Any help would be appreciated..

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
Seems like a couple of the LEDs have either failed, or are malfunctioning. I forget now if these LEDs are multi-colored, or they use a set for the red and a set for the amber. If it's a dual color system, it's a failed set of ambers, which could be next to impossible to access, unless you're prepared to dig into the lights.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Seems like a couple of the LEDs have either failed, or are malfunctioning. I forget now if these LEDs are multi-colored, or they use a set for the red and a set for the amber. If it's a dual color system, it's a failed set of ambers, which could be next to impossible to access, unless you're prepared to dig into the lights.

Damn that sucks, thanks for your help. I dont know what to do to fix this, will try reconnecting wires and see if that helps.

goneD4rk

Banned
they used the wrong leds for that part of the circle.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
they used the wrong leds for that part of the circle.

Yes these are OEM Valeo tail lights.

How is that possible?? How can they make such a mistake for such an expensive part?