GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

launching the dsg

Nikerey

Darkness
blaze4n said:
Agreed. I never said don't use full potential of the car. That potential is defined by technology and a driver. Mods are good for what they are, but when you look at dsg launch control actually helps it. Stick tranny is always an option if one wants more flexibility and input, but in the case of GTI is slower than dsg. Launch control kind of compensates for not having LSD (at least at lauch time). Yeah I agree, taking off at the light, or at the track (especially though in normal traffic) and smoking a guy in a better car because one knows how to drive and has decent mods is great and makes you happy that you did spend the money on upgrades or practiced proper driving. Especially if you spend around 23K for a car and "killed" 35K car. Yeah, it's cool. It is very satisfying! And then after the launch, you must have skills to maintain speed and handle a car on the road. That's another part of the story. Luckily, GTI offers everything one needs to do that (esp. 2007 specs with lower suspension etc.). My point is launch control is not in the way of having high performance from GTI, it delivers it. (just like dsg as opposed to traditional manual which is preferred in most cars). Launching w/o it will just spin the hell out of your wheels, right?

I think we might be arguing the same point from different directions. Since we dont have LC on our 06s we have to find a way to make up for it. If we had LC this thread would never have been started. So were trying to make up for a lack of technology in our car by using driver skill.