GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW V2 or Spax RSX

cub_driver

Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice/input. I'm looking at getting a set of coil overs. I'm looking at either KW V2 or a set of Spax RSX.

I'm leaning towards the Spax mainly due to budget and a friend swears by them on his MK2. I know the KW are the more well known brand but they come with a big price tag. The coil overs are going on my daily driver but I do a fair amount of autox and track days.

cheers

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Then get the V2s.

KWs are great on the track, and great across all platforms.

Some coilovers are better on some generations, and some aren't. I know Racelands are considered better for the older VWs, but on the MKV, they're absolute garbage.

If you can afford the V2s, go for them, :thumbsup:

cub_driver

Makes sense. I read on the MK6 forum that a few drivers had put them on their cars and had some good things to say. But like you said another generation. I was hoping someone on the MK5 forum with the Spax would jump in and give their 2 cents.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Makes sense. I read on the MK6 forum that a few drivers had put them on their cars and had some good things to say. But like you said another generation. I was hoping someone on the MK5 forum with the Spax would jump in and give their 2 cents.

I've run both, go KW, I think you'll find them to be excellent.