GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 vs Stage 3 SRT4

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Mods:
GTI: DM k04+ 93 oct, golf r k04 that has been ported/polished; mainfold/hot side ceramic coated, EVOMS intake, GFB DV+, forge twintercooler, APR RSC TBE w/ hi flo cat (200 cell), snow stage 2 with dual injection (one in CTS throttle pipe, one in CTS spacer, both 225 ml/h), Koni coilovers, 034 street density mounts engine/Trans/dogbone, falken a/s, IE CC

SRT4-
Stage 3 turbo, 1025cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, AGP Fuel return line, MP Big front mount intercooler, AEM cold air intake, Mopar short shifter, BC coilovers, 22mm rear sway bar, hankook v12, AEM AFR gauge, Greddy Type S BOV, ACT 6 puck clutch, lwfw, solid motor/Trans/dogbone mounts. Has WOT box, but has 2 step disabled, so as not to blow out cat.

You may notice I didn't mention exhaust. He had his stock dp on 2.5" iirc, because he is trying to sell the car, and smogged it recently. Passed smog as I listed. So, the results I feel would have differed if he would have had his full setup, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. He said the biggest difference he noticed was turbo was laggier, but still hit the same PSI as with the 3" dp.

On to the race.

We ate dinner at cool place in Santa Maria, amd decided to do a run when we left, from a 45 roll, to 80ish.
he was alone, I had a buddy, and hatch full of stuff for my leave days. So with pass maybe 210lbs? Anyways...
We get on the highway, nice straight stretch, no traffic, and got next to each other, slowed to 45, and I honked it out. He immediately jumped about half a car in front, but I started pulling just as soon as he was ahead, I shift and again a few feet, he shifts and I gain a lot more. We shut it down, with me about 1 car ahead.
I have a video, but it sucks, as it was taken by my pass who had had a few beers, and held the phone sideways and had the flash on lol

k04 and stuff.