GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I've been officially Revo'd!

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
Hey,
I just got my revo stg 1 software installed along with my forge blow off valve. I love the blow off valve sound so much:biggrin:

Question about the revo though...it takes about an hour of driving for it to actually kick in right?

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Nice! I think it kicks in right away. The reason why I think this is because after my reflash, we took it for a ride with a vag-com. Wouldn't have done this if we didn't expect it to kick in. There is probably some type of adjustment period for the ECU to fully utilize the new programming.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
trick000 said:
Nice! I think it kicks in right away. The reason why I think this is because after my reflash, we took it for a ride with a vag-com. Wouldn't have done this if we didn't expect it to kick in. There is probably some type of adjustment period for the ECU to fully utilize the new programming.

yea because we flashed it, I took it for a drive and felt nothing. I started to feel a little difference on the highway. Hopefully the ECU will adjust and I'll feel the night and day difference soon.

Also, would it be ok to run 91 octane or do I need to use 94 now?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i believe it takes something like 4 hours for the ECU to get acustomed to the flash

trick000

07_BM_GTI said:
yea because we flashed it, I took it for a drive and felt nothing. I started to feel a little difference on the highway. Hopefully the ECU will adjust and I'll feel the night and day difference soon.

Also, would it be ok to run 91 octane or do I need to use 94 now?
Depends on what programming you got. Definitely don't put 91 if you have 93 programming since your timing is higher on that setting by a factor of 2. I don't think it'll hurt the engine because the ECU will compensate and will probably go into "limp" mode. Not sure if thats the right term but it definitely does something that's not desirable.

Also, you are in canada, not sure how your octane ratings are. I'm going by US ratings.

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
ya man....i thought the same thing, which at first was nothing. but after a almost 2 hour ride home i started to feel it. that night and the next day felt like a whole new car, with the flash, the boost pressure almost doubled, and now i can barely get traction in 2nd. I have the forge spacer too and the AWE catback

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
Freek said:
i believe it takes something like 4 hours for the ECU to get acustomed to the flash

in that case drive the shit out of the car for that 4 hours so it gets accustomed to your driving habits. atleast thats what im going to do.

trick000

(mkV)Jetta2.0t said:
By a FACTOR of two???

Did I word that wrong? 91 Octane programming is 6 boost, 3 timing, 9 fuel and 93 Octane is 6 boost, 5 timing, 9 fuel. So the difference in timing is 2.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
trick000 said:
Did I word that wrong? 91 Octane programming is 6 boost, 3 timing, 9 fuel and 93 Octane is 6 boost, 5 timing, 9 fuel. So the difference in timing is 2.
wow really? hey man. give me a call or PM when u get a chance.

skunksweat

Go Kart Newbie
when i got flashed i felt it right away.... car had 9k on it as soon as i left the dealer i felt pulls in every gear. the blow off valve was a little loader due to the boost increase. i use 93 shell vpower and i wont use anything else..

Every time I see someone say they got revo'd, I keep thinking of my R/C truck, the traxxas revo lol. Glad you guys like the flash though!