GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the FAST engine in the States FSI?

Surfer_D

Passed Driver's Ed
I read some articles about the GTI 2.0T FSI not being used in the States? Also here in Europe FSI is not in function all the time (cpu controls it) it's up to the petrol quality and boost, but in the States you shouldn't based on the things I read even have this type of injection?

Can someone confirm this?

Tricky

Autocross Newbie
Well, considering my engine has "FSI" stamped right on top of it, I'm pretty sure FSI came to the U.S.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Surfer_D said:
I read some articles about the GTI 2.0T FSI not being used in the States? Also here in Europe FSI is not in function all the time (cpu controls it) it's up to the petrol quality and boost, but in the States you shouldn't based on the things I read even have this type of injection?

Can someone confirm this?

Exactly the same as your engines. You guys gauge your petrol on a different scale then we do over here, our 93octane is pretty much the same as whatever your highest grade is. FSI is octane dependant, though, in the ammount of time that it stays active.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Accel said:
Exactly the same as your engines. You guys gauge your petrol on a different scale then we do over here, our 93octane is pretty much the same as whatever your highest grade is. FSI is octane dependant, though, in the ammount of time that it stays active.

In the US we use RON+MON/2. In Europe they use only the RON test.
Thus, US fuel (California has lower 92 US octane) has about the same octane as most Euro fuel.
As you can see by the equation our octane number is the result of an average of the two testing methods of RON and MON, where RON always has a higher number.

T