GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it the G247 or what?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Recently when I loaded my GIAC files again, after switching back from DM, my high pressure specified is only 109.9bar when it should be 140bar or thereabouts. I have no codes so taking guesses at this in order to resolve the insufficiency. GIAC has my data and I can only assume they are stumped since I am not hearing back from them. A few years ago DM had to make adjustments to my files and called it a "fuel anomaly". I just read today that the G247 can tell the ECU that there is a discrepancy and the ECU will set the specified at a lower pressure than normal, but that would of course be for stock tuning and I do not know if it pertains or transfers to upgraded files as well.

So, what do you guys think given that I have no codes but I do have the discrepancy?

Should I just replace the G247 or does anyone have a better idea on how to track down the "fuel anomaly" so the ECU will once again specify 140bar? This problem is holding up my receiving of upgraded files...please hurry and help because the VW series racing has just begun at Woodburn Dragstrip as of 4-3-16 :frown:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...requested is at 109.9bar throughout the revs when at full throttle. I have the GIAC HO files with the fprv of 145bar and the file should be specifying 139.9bar like it did when I first received the GIAC HO files before I switched from GIAC to running DM for three years.

The Fuel Pressure Sensor G247 for the high
pressure system is located on the lower
part of the intake manifold in the fuel rail.
The sensor measures fuel pressure in the
fuel rail and sends a signal to the engine
control module.

Signal Function:
The engine control module uses the signal
from the Fuel Pressure Sensor G247 to
regulate pressure in the fuel rail via the fuel
pressure regulating valve. The fuel pressure
may range from 435–1,595 psi (30–110 bar)
depending on the engine.

Failure Mode:
If the Fuel Pressure Sensor G247 fails,
the Engine Control Module J220 sets the
Fuel Pressure Regulating Valve N276 at a
predetermined fixed pressure.

I believe I would see the code "16575/P0191/000401" if the G247 were to fail though.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK...I still have the 110 BAR request. GIAC is having me reload the 140 BAR-RS4 fprv-K04 HO tune again. However, they think my lpfp, in the tank, is deficient. Both my oem lpfp and my USP hi-flow lpfp have lower than specified actual pressures. It doesn't make sense to me that it could be the lpfp though. How can both have a problem? New filter, near new CF, and no fault codes still give a 110 BAR request rather than 140 BAR and my low pressure actual drops nearly 0.5 BAR on the low side with either of the two lpfp's installed. I can only imagine that the problem lies elsewhere and has something to do from the point of fuel pick up to the rail pump rather than one of those pumps themselves. I just can't seem to find a solution yet.