GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intro #2139

Sn0wMaN

Hey all, been cruising these forums for awhile now and figured I would introduce myself. Names Dave and I own a couple VR's. I have a swapped 91 GTI 12v and a 08 DBP R32. I've been on Vortex for years with same username so some may have seen me there. I'm in the Air Force station in Grand Forks ND.

R32 Mods-
Cheap Weapon R CAI
Full custom Magnaflow exhaust, ported manifolds, 2.25" down pipes, 2.5" Magnaflow muffler, no res, and stock tips.
Flex fuel kit with UM ecu software

UM DSG software coming soon.
Stock suspension for now, looking at getting H&R sports.

Rattle can black stock rims, plasti-dipped black grille, tinted side markers, and black rear vw emblem.

Plans are to stay NA and get cams when I return from an upcoming deployment.

Ran a 14.4 at 94mph bone stock, haven't been back to track with mods but hope to soon.

Video of exhaust, kinda raspy but what can you do!
http://youtu.be/_2J5JA_96w4

http://youtu.be/c1DgztpUMH0

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Hes saying your side markers clearly arent tinted in the pic

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Looks like theres two SnowMen here now... lol.

Nice R, congrats

fasdude

Car Enthusiast
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
Looks good. It seems that you are one of the rare ones that actually has a true CAI. I assume this because I can't see the cone filter in the top part of the engine bay. (All the common aftermarket intakes for the R32 seem to be Short Ram Intakes.) Where you must be pulling in cold air from behind the lower grill on the driver's side, I would be very interested in what your HP gains are with just that CAI setup. Where did you get yours?

When I had my Acura RSX, CAIs like yours were much more popular because they were gaining between 5 and 10 hp over SRIs with no heatsoak issues. They weren't much more expensive than SRIs either. The only reason everyone wasn't using them is because some people had gotten hydrolocked going through deep puddles in heavy rainstorms which worried some of the more overly careful RSX owners.