GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how hott is the new r32

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
I should be asking you how that makes sense. I just can't find the logic in it. You're comparing a base GTI with a "base" R32, which is essentially fully loaded.

thats as base as they get, so it seems fair to me. cheapest R32 vs cheapest GTI. my car was 27,000 with the same options, so it looks like that'll be $8,000 difference. sorry

Quigaboo

Ready to race!
thats as base as they get, so it seems fair to me. cheapest R32 vs cheapest GTI. my car was 27,000 with the same options, so it looks like that'll be $8,000 difference. sorry

I disagree w/ U 2. There really is no such thing as a base R32 when the only real option is NAV. IMO the cars are not the same. VR6 w/ dual exhaust, All wheel drive, 18's, climatronic (which is no longer available on GTI), Ground effects...... If you take a 2 door GTI w/ DSG, huffs, votex the car is going to add up to an msrp of 29K+..... Thats only a 4K differnce. You have to compare them nut to nut......

I don't even look at the cars as being the same. A person who wants to buy a GTI orders a GTI and a person who wants an R32 orders an R32, not a GTI R32.... They are 2 difference cars that happen to look alot alike.

The R32 is a wolf in GTI clothing (beating up an opld thread:headbang: )

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
ok my GTI, 6spd, leather, climatronic, hufs, sunroof was 26,700 OTD and the R32 is 33,000 sticker, $35,000+ out the door. i'll save my $8,300 for AWD and a VR6 that makes it the same speed as a GTI.

Quigaboo

Ready to race!
you have to compare the 2 apples to apples. You left out DSG and a votex kit.... You have to factor the cars as if they were built with the same options.

It may not be worth it 2 you but there is only a 4k differnce between the MSRP of the 2 cars and not this 10K you are referring to. I agree w/ vDubr as you comparison does not make sense.

There is no base R32! You have to compare it to a equally equipped car to make the comparison and nopt pick and choose the features you are considering in the arguement. Once again a loaded GTI w/out nav has an MSRP of 29K plus.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
ok my GTI, 6spd, leather, climatronic, hufs, sunroof was 26,700 OTD and the R32 is 33,000 sticker, $35,000+ out the door. i'll save my $8,300 for AWD and a VR6 that makes it the same speed as a GTI.

it is faster than a stock GTI, put that in your mind. It is equally fast as a chipped GTI, it is a little slower than a stg2 GTI. A Dodge Neon SRT is faster than a GTI, so is a WRX.... The same people over and over hitting these forums to bash R32, so it tells me a lot.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
ok i don't count body, cause unfortunately, thats the kit it comes with. and the DSG is the only tranny offered. if there was a manual then it would be ok, but VW made the mistake of only offering it DSG. not consumers fault.

the R32 ran a 1/4 in 14.5. i did it in 14.6 in my stock GTI. not a big difference

Furrymonki

Passed Driver's Ed
ok i don't count body, cause unfortunately, thats the kit it comes with. and the DSG is the only tranny offered. if there was a manual then it would be ok, but VW made the mistake of only offering it DSG. not consumers fault.

the R32 ran a 1/4 in 14.5. i did it in 14.6 in my stock GTI. not a big difference

Still, there are a number of GTI's out there with DSG, leather and many of the same goodies as an R32. When you add it up as others on here have done already, there is about a $3K - $3.5K difference between the two. And that buys a VR6, AWD, bigger brakes, a slightly lower, slightly tighter suspension, some body mods and climatronic.

The bottom line is, why whine about it? If you like GTI's, great, enjoy it. If others like R32's, don't be knocking them. We can always find a car that is faster or cheaper than what we own, but that doesn't take away the enjoyment for the one who bought what they chose.

GTITampa

Drag Racing Champion
speedbump2 said:
I have to say that the MK V R32 looks really, really good in BMP.
And I'm not just saying that because I have a car that is BMP, it really
looks good. I wonder what the logic was behind not offering BMP in the US?
--Chuck--

+1 the GOLF V body with the R32 front and rear on Black really
looks good :wub: :wub:

Soon ;)

Last edited:

Quigaboo

Ready to race!
The bottom line is, why whine about it? If you like GTI's, great, enjoy it. If others like R32's, don't be knocking them. We can always find a car that is faster or cheaper than what we own, but that doesn't take away the enjoyment for the one who bought what they chose.

Well Said!:clap: