GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horrible knocking noise!!!!

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Im stuck in a tough spot. Here it goes. My engine is knocking and stalling out. I was driving to work had my system on and i pulled in set the e brake and the it started at that point. I shut it off had it towed. I started looking over things i already had a check engine light on for check gas cap evap that comes n goes. But i had another which was p12a2. Everybody online was pointing to the low pressure fuel rail sensor. I have one on order now to try. But i cleared the codes n its not drivable. It sounds really bad like internally. Also my battery was shot from sitting this winter. It was dropping a half a volt every 2 mins. I replaced it. I had no signs of anything b4 it started this other then cold starts cuz of the battery. Any hints advice or suggestions to check would be appreciated.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
So far checked the cam follower no damage there and the fuel pump has new internals in since last summer.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Just found a vacuum leak fixed that . The car will run now without stalling but still has a bad knocking noise coming from ether intake manifold or valve cover