GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Pitched Beeping w/ Flashing Brake Light

zer0hz

The New Guy
Car(s)
'09 5MT Rabbit
Happened to me twice on my way to work before. It's never done this before, so is it just saying "Hey dumbass, time to change the brakes" or is this something more serious?
The beeping was 3 or 4 times and was high pitched, not like the normal dings.

zer0hz

The New Guy
Car(s)
'09 5MT Rabbit
im thinking maybe your brake fluid is a lil low and when it sloshes a lil it triggers the low fliud chime and brake light

Didn't even think about that! I know that my brakes are due to be replaced, I just figured (wow, it sounds stupid when I type it out) that it was getting pissy at me when I was pushing it too hard for the current brake condition. Giving the Germans a little bit more credit than is due, I suppose.

It makes sense though, it only happens when I'm in a high g-force situation, such as having fun on a bumpy back road or blasting off on an on-ramp.

Thanks for the advice, I'm almost certain that's what it has to be.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Have you checked the level? Easy enough to do.

I've never heard those beeps, other than when I run a VAG-COM scan, during which the ABS beeps three times.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Have you checked the level? Easy enough to do.

I've never heard those beeps, other than when I run a VAG-COM scan, during which the ABS beeps three times.

How about that sound when you go into the xenon module, first time it scared the shit outta me.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
It sounds a lot like a Soviet typewriter. That, and the transmission clunks and engages slightly, so the first time you feel your car lurch, it's a bit scary. Good times. :thumbsup:

It sounds a lot like a Soviet typewriter. That, and the transmission clunks and engages slightly, so the first time you feel your car lurch, it's a bit scary. Good times. :thumbsup:

Seriously.

And then the fun of figuring out how to complete the prescribed test drive.

The dealer tech i talked to said they do it in the right hand lane of the freeway and just let people honk.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
LOL! Yeah, it's definitely awkward. I do it by a freeway on-ramp, late at night, and then follow through on the freeway. I can't imagine doing it any other way.