GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High idle problem on my golf, HELP!

Ryan O

Car(s)
R32 Rep
Hi every one
i have a Golf mk5 its 1.9tdi and latley its been idling (high Round 1000 rpm)

it isnt always there if i start it, say in the morning i let it warm up it'll idle at 800(roughly) the norm.. and maybe after 1 minute it will slowly raise to 1000 :/
if i rev it up it some times drops beck down ta 800 but then again after a minute, maybe not even it will go up again...

i wouldn be massivly educated in the golfs but i know a bit, i read up that if voltage drops in the system ie. a lazy battery the engine will cut un neccesary electrics lik heated seats, heated windows and possibly ( i think) raise the revs to give the alternator a lil boost to chaarge the battery- would that right?

also, can anyone tell me is there a high and a low speed fan in the mk5's?? because when it idles high the high speed (louder one) fan kicks in and the revs raise..

i've heard could be bad battery, Faulty Voltage reg, faulty low speed fan, idle control....

pls help?

Last edited:

Tman

Ryan o I have the exact problem on my golf 1.9tdi 2006 ,I replaced the radiator temp sensor it was okay for two weeks then started doing the same thing I've got the battery checked out and all seems okay. Did you manage to fix the problem and if so any ideas can try look into.