GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hideous or not so bad?...NON VW CONTENT

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
looks great man, nice and clean.

id take one, paint it yellow, and hope to god it turns into Bumblebee and Megan Fox comes knocking on my door...a kid can dream cant he? lol

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I'm generally not a fan of pin striping, but I understand it for that vintage car. It would look too plain without the stripes. The sides and hood look good, but I'm not a fan of the roof and trunk. Too much in my opinion.

My first impression of the side vent is that the black part is too thin. You should either color-match the vent or paint the whole vent black.

BTW, this reminded me of my first car, a '75 Chevy Malibu Classic with a 350 under the hood.

Off topic: I wanted a Camaro really bad in high school. Can't wait 'til the concept Camaro becomes a reality (2009?). IF Chevy can execute well, I might have to consider an American car again in a few years.

natypes

Ready to race!
Holy orange peel batman! Orange peel has nothing to do with being in a booth or ourside. It's mostly about you and your spray technique. And yes, oem paint jobs are terrible.

I like 2-tones better than pins. Maybe take everything from the pinstripe up and make it flat black. Break it with a silver.

Shoof

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
The pinstriping isn't bad, the black painted mirror isn't bad, although I think it would have been better if painted body color or even chrome, The vent on the side is a no-go, in my opinion. One last thing you didn't mention was the rear drum brake painted red. IMO there's nothing there for you to want to get noticed other than "look at my COOL rear drum brakes!", but I would have either painted it black or done a rear disc brake conversion if you can afford it at this moment.

BTW, I have a '66 Mustang Fastback i'm still trying to finish restoring, but no time and no money!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Like the car. Holy "overboard" on the pinstripping Batman!