GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTIs in Canada?

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
Forgive my ignorance here, but...

I've been visiting Ottawa for the last couple days, and I haven't seen a single MkV up here (I saw 3 in Ohio on the way up!).

Driving around I've been getting a lot of stares from pedestrians. It's kind of awesome driving around in the 'exotic' car. Are they not available in Canada yet or are they just kind of rare at the moment?

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
Scionic said:
Forgive my ignorance here, but...

I've been visiting Ottawa for the last couple days, and I haven't seen a single MkV up here (I saw 3 in Ohio on the way up!).

Driving around I've been getting a lot of stares from pedestrians. It's kind of awesome driving around in the 'exotic' car. Are they not available in Canada yet or are they just kind of rare at the moment?
not common at all. Pretty much all the cars that the dealers order are usually sold. And they are a fairly limited run if I am not mistaken.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Toolman said:
not common at all. Pretty much all the cars that the dealers order are usually sold. And they are a fairly limited run if I am not mistaken.

They are pretty rare, Edmonton has maybe sold six in total, they are pricey in canada.

But worth it!

I was at the dealer tonight, he can't get anymore, he's back order for six months:cool:

Mokona

Passed Driver's Ed
I saw a white one down on Jasper Ave a couple weeks ago after one of the Hockey Games. Nothing since then... still waiting on mine coming in too. I ordered on April 24th and was told until Late August I'd get it since it just went into production end of May. So we'll see. Hopefully it can come a bit faster but whatever. I ordered a 5-door DSG w/ Leather and 18" rims so I didn't expect a quick turnaround time.