GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frustrating Map Lights

senorpaulo

Professional Transporter
As of recent, my 2009 GTI's map lights are having a mind of their own. Only when I'm driving, not when the car is off with the alarm on, the lights stay on no matter what I press. I hit the switch from on, to doors, to disable and there's a different outcome every time. I'll press the individual left and right buttons and sometimes it does nothing, and an hour ago it would affect the opposite one :frown: The rear lights aren't affected at all, only the front map lights. Is it a fuse, do the bulbs need to be replaced or what?

THANKS!:thumbsup:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I had the same issue. I thought it was a bad overhead panel so I bought a new one and went on to replace it. Turns out it was a loose screw in the roof making contact with the PCB on the panel.

Try taking the panel off and see if anything's loose.

senorpaulo

Professional Transporter
I had the same issue. I thought it was a bad overhead panel so I bought a new one and went on to replace it. Turns out it was a loose screw in the roof making contact with the PCB on the panel.

Try taking the panel off and see if anything's loose.

A loose screw was all it took? I can't imagine something that basic is the cause for the electrical issues but I'll give it a shot!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
A loose screw was all it took? I can't imagine something that basic is the cause for the electrical issues but I'll give it a shot!

Try pressing your finger firmly into the plastic between the two light switches. Does it affect the lights in anyway? If it does, it's the screw.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
Try pressing your finger firmly into the plastic between the two light switches. Does it affect the lights in anyway? If it does, it's the screw.

I have this issue now. Gonna try the screw.

My dome light housing is slightly loose and if I press on it, all my dome lights turn on lol. I think this loose screw is why our roof liner starts to come loose.