GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Plate Holder Replacement

David the Gnome

Look around you
So my car came with the front plate holder already installed. It's been on there since the car was new so it's chiseled away a nice big rectangle where it sits on the front grill. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. These are the options I can think of:

1. Replace the front grill with a new factory grill (not real wild about the cost associated with that).

2. Get a Euro front plate holder and swap the US one out for the Euro one then add a Euro plate (it should cover up the area where the US plate holder was, right?).

3. Just take it off and use double sided tape and a Euro tag to cover up the holes and scratches from where the US plate holder was.

What do you think I should do?

David the Gnome

Look around you
I bought the mounting kit with the plate holder from germanplates.com and just screwed it in the factory pre-marked locations.

David the Gnome

Look around you
Hey guys, reviving this thread to update. I had my front plate holder break off on the highway yesterday and I lost my front plate. The screws and mounts are still there and are still perfectly secure, the plastic plate holder itself must have broken. Thinking about having the front grill repainted now. I'm not real enthusiastic about buying another plate holder and plate just to have it get ripped off again in a year or two.