GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fog lights wont turn on.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
my fog lights wont turn on for some reason? I have checked both of the fuses and they are fine. also i checked the bulbs and also tried the stock bulbs. could it be that i have a broken light switch? cause when i pull the switch to turn on the fogs, the little green light wont come on the switch. that kinda leads me to believe that i have a faulty switch.

could it be something else? other than those two 40A fuses which i know are good. :iono:

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
somebody!?!?!?!?! i NEEED my yellow fogs :O

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
nope, i have had them for a while. it happened after my DSG fuse blew.

its weird because the fog lights and headlights share 2 fuses and they are both good.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sorry, had to ask. I don't know enough about the circuit but if the fuses are good then it could be the fusebox or the switch. Do you have a voltmeter so you can see if there's power at the fuse?

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
indeed i have a volt measuring device but accordinf to the manual and other fuse diagrams i found online the headlights and fog lights share 2 40A fuses... one per side. and when i turn on the lights and try to turn on the fogs and then disconnect one of the fuses one of the headlights turns off then turns back on when i reconnect le fuse. but fogs no working

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
It sounds like the swtich.

WTF is a DSG fuse and how do you blow that?

fuse #6 on the inside panel. and you blow it by being retarded like me and not properly insulating the wire you stuffed under the fuse to get power for your ricer boost gauge :bonk:

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
of all the available powered switched fuses you choose the one to the tranny?? lawl

i was unaware it was the fuse for the tranny... i read on a DIY on here that you just pic whichever one from the top row of 5A fuses

Skysplitter

Peaceful Warrior
Additional question about fog lights...

I have fog lights installed, but my headlight switch does not pull out to activate them from either the on or off position. It also does not turn left or right to any other position. Do I have to install a new switch? If so, why would there be fog lights installed that cannot be activated?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
If foglights did not come on your car and were added later, you will probably need a switch that facilitates this feature. I would recommend a euro headlight switch with the fog capability. It has some other features the NA version does not. With some VAG-com coding, you should be in business with the new features, but the switch should work without coding (just won't light up or act quite as it does with coding).

As previously stated, pushing the switch IN and turning to the RIGHT enables you to remove it from the dash.