GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flash (Tune) from Home: IE, DM ??

Valandil

Passed Driver's Ed
Good day all

I need your assistance. I say my location is South Africa cause it makes it easier for everyone to localize in their minds without relying on google but I am actually a neighboring country.

I was wondering with everyone who has used a company that allows you to 'flash from home' mechanism.

Unfortunately the closest tuning option (brick and mortar) requires a 6 hour drive (one way!). As you can imagine this can be a little problematic on the support end and moving up the stage ladder etc. As it becomes a logistical challenge.

I wanted to know what is everyone's experience with Integrated Engineering, Driver Motorsport and any other (please name them) that over flash at home options with over the net (with logs) support.

I look forward to hearing your insights.

Thanks

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I'm not aware of any Flash From Home options from IE. DriverMotorsport no longer offers a programmer tool to keep so you must ship your ECU. Not to mention, in my experience DM offers subpar customer service (I've been waiting for weeks for a simple answer/request) so I would avoid.

Really your best option is Eurodyne with Mastero suite. Allows you to tune at home and switch from Stage1/2/2+ to K04 or even Big Turbo. Also customization of the calibration.

Unitronic also offers the UniConnect system which allows you to switch your tunes but I believe the dealer still has to flash the initial tune.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I thought DM has a programmer cable now rahter than the handheld one.

I think Eurodyne uses a programmer as well

Ben@Unitronic

Good day all

I need your assistance. I say my location is South Africa cause it makes it easier for everyone to localize in their minds without relying on google but I am actually a neighboring country.

I was wondering with everyone who has used a company that allows you to 'flash from home' mechanism.

Unfortunately the closest tuning option (brick and mortar) requires a 6 hour drive (one way!). As you can imagine this can be a little problematic on the support end and moving up the stage ladder etc. As it becomes a logistical challenge.

I wanted to know what is everyone's experience with Integrated Engineering, Driver Motorsport and any other (please name them) that over flash at home options with over the net (with logs) support.

I look forward to hearing your insights.

Thanks

We actually do offer a "mechanism" to flash from home. Unitronic offers a Uniconnect cable that allows you to flash your car from the comfort of your house.

This cable is easy to use, you buy the Uniconnect cable and the Unitronic software. We will then load the software into the cable and send it to one of our authorized dealer near you. He can send it to you or you can go pick-it up depending on your location.

Please understand that in regions other than North America, support is limited But it is a straightforward procedure and most users who follow the instructions on the link we provide have success on their first use.

Here are two link,one with more Uniconnect information and the other to find our authorized dealer close to you:

Link 1: https://www.unitronic-chipped.com/e...-GLI-MK4-18L-Turbo-2004-2005-180hp-uniconnect

Link 2: https://www.unitronic-chipped.com/dealers

We have 4 dealer in South Africa:

1) Darkartz Performance Pretoria in Hennopspark
2) Patrix Service centre in Roodepoort
3) Dark Artz Performance CC in Jet Park
4) Alpha Performance in Cape Town

If you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to e-mail me on d[dot]goureeva[at]getunitronic[dot]com

Valandil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Diana

Thank you for you reply. But as I mentioned I am actually located in a bordering country. We are still talking 6 hours - one way - to the closest location. If I had to pick it up if they can send it across that may be useful and thank you for the information.

For me support is key even if its a matter of sending data logs and an ability to flash back to stock etc

However I greatly do appreciate hearing from you and will look into it.