GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flash programs, chips, whatever

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
hahaha...if you only new the truth about MTM, Dalhback and other euro tuners. You'd think twice about the domestic software offered here.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
ünpimptheauto said:
hahaha...if you only new the truth about MTM, Dalhback and other euro tuners. You'd think twice about the domestic software offered here.
Speak up old wise one. You opened the can... now release those worms!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
rica_roel said:
I go with APR because you can chip or unchiped the car and they will make more programs, valet, diferent gas octane.

Cheers

Many tuners out there are offering this same thing now.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
MK5_wants_CF said:
APR?GIAC?AWE? this is my first car that i will actually be doing any modifications to. I want to "chip" it but can someone please list manufacturers and tell me the best? I like to spend my money wisely. I'm leaning toward APR 93 program. From what i read on here the numbers speak for themselves. stock in houston, and i can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar forever. cookie jar being my freakin savings account.:iono:
All-in-all the chips are along near the same level of performance. From personal experience in dealing with GIAC and APR... they have great customer service.

Most opt for the nearest dealer to them incase there is a problem and to have an install done near by is easier than to have a few days down time while you ECU travels about the country in the Fed Ex truck.

And if the chance comes about before you make the leap... see if someone in your area has the one you want and go for a test drive.

And BTW, AWE carries GIAC chips (they don't make their own or carry any other).

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
Wild Hare said:
Speak up old wise one. You opened the can... now release those worms!

Because I was prevy to specific information about those Euro tuners, I have to keep quite publically. However, I can say how GREAT some of the euro tuners software is...because they don't have to resort to the "reverse engineering" that the others have to use.

:thumbup:

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
ünpimptheauto said:
Because I was prevy to specific information about those Euro tuners, I have to keep quite publically. However, I can say how GREAT some of the euro tuners software is...because they don't have to resort to the "reverse engineering" that the others have to use.

:thumbup:
:iono: :thumbdown: