GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Farewell Everyone

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Not that a lot of you know who I am or anything, but I will be spending a little more time on the MK7 forums now since i'm the proud owner of a 2015 GTI SE with the lighting package. If any of you guys have questions for me, let me know. I recommend the upgrade, big time. They gave me $4,500 for my MKV GTI as a trade in with 132,5xx miles on it. i'll still come back and check on these forums from time to time. Wish everyone the best!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Congrats. I like the 7, but not enough to buy a new one. Think they low balled you on the trade but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. How about pics of the new ride??

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Grats man, also think they cut you a little short on the trade-in. But at the end of the day you're in a MK7 and that's all that matters

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
dealers always rip you on trade, so they can recondition a bit, then put it back out at mark-up used retail. but yes, if you can afford mk7, go for it bro!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
thanks everyone. i didn't mention that the AC didn't work, Interior pieces in the back were falling off, as well as the airbag light on and CEL (for the thermostat.) KBB said in good condition, it was worth $5,500, so do you think it was ok for $4,500 with all those things wrong? either way, the new car is awesome. very elegant feel inside, and the fender audio is amazing. Going to wait a while before i mod it at all, but i'm still on break in, so i haven' been able to enjoy what the car has already.

ghost_03

Ready to race!
I would be happy with 4.5k on a trade-in for a mkv with that mileage, I'm sure some dealers would try to rip you for 2-3k.

Sure, the dealer can clean it and mark it up as it's worth more than that, and I wouldn't be happy with 4.5k in a private sale, but with the trade-in you're trading a cut to avoid effort/hassle/fallout/etc, and go on with your life. I know I'd rather be enjoying a MK7 than dealing with tirekickers if I were in the OP's shoes.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
thats exacly what it was. i wanted like $6K private, but $4,500 for trade in saved me a little more money on what was financed so i'm cool with it. car Max offered me $3,000, as did Subaru when i looked at the WRX, but i talked them up to $4,000 and i convinced VW to go up to $4500. I might have been able to squeeze $5K but i'm alright with what i got.