GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust surround removal

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
Hey guys I need help again. i need a DIY or info on removing the rear lower exhaust surround. (Idk why I wrote rear exhaust but it'll stay) I looked under after squeezing my melon under the car. And I see 4 screws (torx) and a shitload of push tabs. Is that all that needs to be removed? Would like to not have my bumper missing for a week and just take this piece out. Thanks in advance!

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
Sounds about right. I've never had to take mine off, but I did have to partially reinstall it a few months ago as a chunk of ice nearly tore it off. It was all just push tabs and they slid back into place pretty easily.

FYI:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
well here is the thing my man, u will need to remove the entire rear bumper before u can remove the Rear Exhaust Valance.

I know ur thinking, Why the hell would i have to remove the entire rear bumper to just remove the Rear Lower Exhaust Valance, but u do.......

I know that sucks but u can try to remove the rear Valance with out removing the rear bumper but u will be sorry when u break 9 out of 10 tabs that hold it to the rest of the bumper.

The good thing is that removing the rear bumper is pretty easy just time consuming, u can take the rear bumper off in about an hour or two maybe be done with the whole job under 3 hours on ur first time. Just be careful not to rush it cuz u can damage some of these parts.

If u need more help just ask!!!!!

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
well here is the thing my man, u will need to remove the entire rear bumper before u can remove the Rear Exhaust Valance.

I know ur thinking, Why the hell would i have to remove the entire rear bumper to just remove the Rear Lower Exhaust Valance, but u do.......

I know that sucks but u can try to remove the rear Valance with out removing the rear bumper but u will be sorry when u break 9 out of 10 tabs that hold it to the rest of the bumper.

The good thing is that removing the rear bumper is pretty easy just time consuming, u can take the rear bumper off in about an hour or two maybe be done with the whole job under 3 hours on ur first time. Just be careful not to rush it cuz u can damage some of these parts.

If u need more help just ask!!!!!

Is there a post with the hidden bolts and pins? I used to work for a bmw and Mercedes dealer and know well that Germans hide there screws well and use a lot!!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
there is one screw in the wheel well that is hidden at the 10 o'clock position and it holds the gap between the rear plastic bumper to the metal rear quarter panel.

other than that its all pretty easy man!!!

i dont have a diy but im sure u can find one on here some where???