GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust buzzing/rattle from under driver seat side.

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l
Hello all new to the forum and hope to get some decent replies. Really looking forward to being a member. I’ve had this weird buzz sound coming from outside the vehicle underneath the driver seat area. Only happens on de-accel or when I let the exhaust rev down ward. I Don’t have a clue to what it is Or if it’s harmful to any other parts. I also have a rattle from the front center if the engine bay during shifts and when I hold engine toms between 2400-3600. Thanks! I’ll post a video of the buzz but I don’t have the other rattle on video just yet.

Edit: I can’t add the video only my pictures. Is there a way to add the videos? Thanks!!!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Put it on youtube and just paste the link...or if you use flicker or other photo host site. Perhaps it doesn't work and you need to post a certain number of times before it is allowed, I can't remember...it's been a long time.

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l
Put it on youtube and just paste the link...or if you use flicker or other photo host site. Perhaps it doesn't work and you need to post a certain number of times before it is allowed, I can't remember...it's been a long time.

Are you familiar with this general issue? I’ll try to post it with Dropbox.

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l

here’s the link.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Check the "WGA rod and clip" to WG linkage. You know where that is? Do you know how it should be attached and look?

Last edited:

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l
Check the "WGA rod and clip" to WG linkage. You know where that is? Do you know how it should be attached and look?

Tbh honest I’ve only owned this car for 3 months and am completely new to the whole gti thing so I don’t. Only done a few appearances changes.

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l

You are talking about the wastegate right? The turbo is on the passenger side and the noise is on the driver side.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Where the wastegate actuator rod connects to the wastegate linkage is actually about at the center. Could be the wastegate linkage is worn and loose, or the end of the rod may have come loose because the clip may have come off and the nuts may be loose. That's what it sounds like in the vid. You can check it or skip it and move on and look elsewhere. There are many vids on the topic of loose wastegate linkage because it is common; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk5...UUvp4KHQ7iDIgQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1067&bih=470

ConLyfe

Car(s)
2006 Vw Mk5 GTI 2.0l
Where the wastegate actuator rod connects to the wastegate linkage is actually about at the center. Could be the wastegate linkage is worn and loose, or the end of the rod may have come loose because the clip may have come off and the nuts may be loose. That's what it sounds like in the vid. You can check it or skip it and move on and look elsewhere. There are many vids on the topic of loose wastegate linkage because it is common; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk5...UUvp4KHQ7iDIgQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1067&bih=470
wow thanks I’ll check it out!