GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evoms v-flow or simple K&N drop in

JDK16v

Ready to race!
The v-flow is about 275 dollars, and when compared to a K&N drop in, it seems very expensive. What do your guys thoughts? V-flow or K&N?

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
x2

skunksweat

Go Kart Newbie
im sure if you are handy with a dremmel you can keep your engine cover with the evom or any other intake.. and the looks of the factory airbox id rather get an evom because their are much less restrctive bends.. lastly the plastic of the evom matches the engine cover pretty good which keeps it looking sleek. go with the EVOms! just my 2cents

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
skunksweat said:
im sure if you are handy with a dremmel you can keep your engine cover with the evom or any other intake.. and the looks of the factory airbox id rather get an evom because their are much less restrctive bends.. lastly the plastic of the evom matches the engine cover pretty good which keeps it looking sleek. go with the EVOms! just my 2cents

The way it was explained to me by the Carbonio guy at WF (yeah yeah, maybe a sales pitch) was that the factory box is designed the way it is, because all of the lil air traps inside the box hold air for off throttle acceleration. Which is why they keep the factory box and just change the inlet shape and filter. Which makes sence, but isn't for me.

The way I see it, most intakes aren't going to hurt then performance of a car, but also won't really give anything unless you're chipped, exhaust, ect. I say go for the CAI, even if it doesn't give you any HP it'll make it easier to work on the engine not having to deal with the damn engine cover, and it'll make the blow off sound alot better.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Acoustic81 said:
K&N - ~$50
V-Flow - $275

Somehow I can't justify the extra $225.

Bought me a used Neuspeed for $150.

So the extra $100 made it easier to change the a/f should I have to, won't have to take the engine cover off anytime I plan on doing something under there (should you need to) and the BOV sound that having the intake creates. If you want that sound you've gotta buy a $70 forge spacer.

If you do it like me

$150 for the intake
$50 for K&N, $70 for the spacer

Only a $30 difference now.

But, either way if he doesn't want the BOV noise and wants to keep the engine cover go K&N. If he wants the BOV noise and doesn't mind giving up the cover, go intake.

While K&N is a great company and makes quality products I don't like 'em because of the whole filter re-oiling thing... It's not complicated, but if you happen to put just too much oil on and some gets sucked through and lands on the delacate MAF then you have issues...

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
I had a CAI on my 1.8T... I noticed quite a bit of loss in the low-end torque, but gains up near red-line... If the FSI is anything at all like the AWP 1.8T; I would have to say, if your building the car for MAX HP, go for it, but If its a daily and you really need that low-end torque #'s get the K&N