GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electrical fault in interior dimming HELP

Ricky0

Just cruisin'
Car(s)
Golf MKV
Hello,

I've tried the Dutch forum, but no one could help me. When I put my lights on, after a few seconds a part of my interior lights will go out. The redcircled ones in the picture goes out:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also my roofbuttons go out.

When I switch my lightswitch to OFF and back to ON everything goes back on (so no broken wires) and after a few seconds it goes back off.

I tried 3 different lightswitches = no results.

Rosstech said: check cigarette lighter lamp. I checked that and disconnected it. But still no result.

Who can help me? Maybe a new Central Electronics Module?

Address 09: Cent. Elect.
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 937 049 K
Component and/or Version: Bordnetz-SG 1.0 H30 0701
Software Coding: 00890F0600041812001400001400000000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
Additional Info: 1K1955119B Wischer VW350 012 0401
1 Fault Found

01064 - Terminal 58d; Interior Dimming
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Ricky
check the wiring for the light switch, also for the cigarette lighter. It might be worth trying a different one.

Ed

well if the code is coming up, maybe the system is protecting itself from something. erase the code and maybe everything will be back to normal? :iono:

C-Sharp

Dash illumination problem on MK V

It's quite simple: the light bulb on the cigarette lighter plug is burnt out. Unplugging it will not solve the problem as a burnt bulb has the same electrical properties as an unplugged bulb.

My Golf V had the same problem after about 4 years (I kept my lights on all the time). Just go to your VW garage or auto 5 or halfords or whatever and buy the light bulb. I don't know its product code. It's a small little flat-ish bulb, if I recall with two little pins sticking out on one side. Price is about 1 euro.

my VW guy also suggested to change the light switch and even ignition key assembly. I found the reason of and sollution to the problem on a web page of Ross-tech if I recall - in the vag-com description of the fault code you will probably get from your car right now.

It's a heck of a job to pry it out and put a new bulb in. You have to pull up the gear lever "sock", remove ash tray assembly with a torx20, remove lighter plug from ashtray assembly; the bulb is clipped to the ashtray side of the lighter plug with a clear plastic clip under a larger black plastic lug. Can't be more specific as it has been a while and I didn't make any pictures.

I did it myself, it took me 45 minutes of fiddling around but once you know how to disassemble, re-assembly is a breeze. ("een echt klote-priegel-werkje!", pardon my french).

Enjoy!

Ricky0

Just cruisin'
Car(s)
Golf MKV
Thank you for your message. I tried to get the old lightbulb out yesterday but I broke the plastic-clip so I guess I have to find a new cigarette lighter plug :p

modestas

Thank you for your message. I tried to get the old lightbulb out yesterday but I broke the plastic-clip so I guess I have to find a new cigarette lighter plug :p
Hello Ricky0, did you solved a problem with cigarret lighter? I am asking ,because i have the same problem now :)