GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Edition 30 question.

Denied

Dont know what I'm doing.
Car(s)
GTI MkV
Hey guys so long story short I just found out from the previous owner of my car that it originally had what sounds like the ed 30 interior. Mainly the red stitching on the steering wheel, red accents on the dash, red stitching on the head rests etc.. Somewhere down the line they sold the steering wheel, swapped the seats, peeled off the red accent etc. What confuses me is from what I understand ed 30's were only available in the UK. I really just want to find out whether or not my gti was (at some point) an edition 30. It makes no sense that someone would basically strip the car from a special edition back to stock but I just want to know for sure. So my question, is there any way to find out with the vin #?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
The previous owner most likely bought edition 30 interior parts and then sold then sold it all before he sold the car.

Edition 30 GTI's had colormatched lowers, are yours painted or are they the stock plastic?

Denied

Dont know what I'm doing.
Car(s)
GTI MkV
Thats what I was thinking happened but you brought up a good point and again I dont have a solid answer. Right now they're the stock plastic but I asked my dad about the ed 30 situation because he did body work on the car for the guy about 2 years ago and after I told him about the red stitched steering wheel he mentioned the lowers used to be red as well.. Im sure you're right and a previous owner just went out and bought the stuff but who knows

Last edited:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Edition 30 GTI's were never sold in North America. It would be impossible to legally register one here.

To rule out the 1/1,000,000 chance that it is an Edition 30, post a picture of the engine bay and someone will be able to confirm.