GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Doors?

focuz04

shit fucker upper
I recently drove my sisters Mkvi gti and noticed that the doors on that car seem very solid. Specifically the noise when you close the doors. May seem small or insignificant, but to me, my Mkv (08) doors just seem hollow and not very solid, almost like they rattle when I close them.

Am I alone on this? If not, any ideas what to do to change this? I've thought about picking up everything but the door and the skin and replacing it. Not sure that'll fix it though.

jake

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Every mk5 I've driven has the same thud as mine, and every mk6 I've driven has a much nicer thud. I know it's dumb, but a nice thud is oddly satisfying haha

Tapatalkin

Car(s)
Subaru
Oddly enough, I shut my door last night and was ironically satisfied with the thud. I never really payed attention but last night I did. It must be your car

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Also the door panels are fastened on more securely on the mk6, also if you have a 4 door your thud will be nicer because the windows are smaller

Tapatalkin

focuz04

shit fucker upper
Probably just that it is a 4 door.

I never realized it, and it is something completely trivial, but the thud is nicer with the Mk6.

jake

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've read where most 4 doors are missing a bolt or two in the back, missed at the factory.